The Faculty of Dentistry at WIU was opened in 2013 under Ministerial Decision No. /70 / of 30/9/2013 to complement its mission with the task of WIU , which was established by Presidential Decree No. 281 dated 2/7/2005 issued by the President of the Syrian Arab Republic , and Which is summed up by the establishing of an advanced educational and research complex capable of providing the latest knowledge and expertise in the various specialties of dentistry ,which, in turn, will advance the scientific and health progress of the Syrian Arab Country and raise the prospects for its sustainable development to serve the profession, the citizen and the homeland.
1. Preparation of a highly qualified dental practitioner who is aware of the needs of the Arab society and who is qualified to follow the specialized studies and carry out scientific events linking the university with the society and qualifying him to be responsible for his education to ensure the quality of clinical and professional performances adequately with the scientific and technical seniority of the world civilization.
2. To develop the means of research and university education and teaching principles in the specialties of dentistry based on the applied techniques and medical research to suit the requirements of modern scientific development and encourage the members of the educational body to develop their teaching and research capacities on a continuous basis.
3. To develop the personality of the graduate dentists and their creative powers and to motivate them towards excellence and the ability to respond to the future practice of the profession of dentistry professionally and at a high level and to develop team spirit in the medical work.
4. Provide the appropriate educational environment as an incubator environment for education, knowledge development and scientific research.
5. Encouraging cultural, social and sports activities, which will enhance the student's intellectual, social and health character
6. Achieve the highest level of contact and interaction between the dental specialties of the faculty and faculties and scientific bodies of Syrian, Arab and foreign dentistry.
7. Achieve the highest level of interaction between the faculty in its various departments, institutions and organizations that integrate their functions and objectives and the tasks of the students and their goals.
8. Improve the ability of students to communicate in foreign languages in order to follow up developments and scientific changes in order to benefit from the agreements of scientific cooperation and exchange of students , signed and valid, with the applicable foreign universities, such as German universities.