The mission of the faculty of Engineering is integrated with the mission and objectives of WIU , which was established by the Presidential Decree issued by Dr. Bashar al-Assad, President of the Syrian Arab Republic, No. 281 dated 2/7/2005. The mission is to establish an advanced educational and research complex capable of providing the latest knowledge and expertise in various engineering disciplines that will advance the scientific and technical progress of the Syrian Arab Country and chart the prospects for its sustainable development.
The Faculty of Engineering seeks to achieve its mission through the following specific objectives:
1. Preparing engineers in various engineering specialties and qualifying graduates and providing them with a high level of knowledge in their field of specialization in line with the scientific and technical progress of the global civilization.
2. To develop the means of research, teaching and teaching principles in the relevant engineering disciplines and to encourage the members of the educational body to develop their teaching and research abilities on an ongoing basis.
3. Develop the personality of the graduate engineers and their abilities to creativity and push them towards excellence and ability to respond to the future of engineering and professional work which is constantly evolving.
4. To provide the appropriate educational environment as an incubator environment for education, knowledge development and scientific research.
5. Achieve the highest level of contact and interaction between the engineering competencies of the faculty and the relevant institutions, companies and scientific bodies.
6. Improve the ability of students to communicate in foreign languages in order to follow up developments and scientific changes and in order to benefit from the signed agreements of scientific cooperation and exchange of students valid with foreign universities, as is the case of agreements signed with a number of German universities.
7. Management of the accreditation of programs, competencies and study plans. This is done in cooperation and coordination with specific German universities and accreditation bodies under the direct supervision of the Ministry of Higher Education in the Syrian Arab Republic.
8. Supervising and guiding students through providing permanent and direct academic supervision during the various stages of studies.