The Board Meetings
To achieve the university objectives, the Board of Trustees undertakes the following responsibilities and authorities and enjoys the authorities of taking decisions and surveillance in it:
- Defines university goals and draws its general policy, and lays down the plans required to develop and supervise them.
- Endorses the rules and instructions to organize university work and its administration and controlling its affairs.
- Lays down the university financial, internal and employment constitutions, and the other regulations preparing them to be credited by the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Endorses the university annual report offered by the university council for the university growth and developmental projects and approves them.
- Endorses the allocations required for all university different utilities ( buildings- requirements – pay roll, wages – compensations and rewards) .
- Endorses and approves the university annual report, the general budget and the closing accounts.
- Suggests designating the university president to the Ministry of higher education. BoT Chairmen issues the designating decision after the ministry approval.
- Nominates the university vice presidents upon a suggestion by the university president.
- Nominates the chancellor [managing director] upon a suggestion by the university president.
- Awards the Honoris Causa [honor PHD] upon a suggestion by the university council in accordance with the credited bases.
- Endorses the yearly admitted students' numbers, and defines the study and the university housing fees, and how they are to be performed and the conditions of exempting them, as well as the financial and non-financial assistances, the partial and full grants, the insurance fees , and others.
- The Board has the right to form temporary or permanent committees from its members, and defines their missions and compensations.
- Endorses the cooperation agreements and partnerships with the universities and establishments and other Bodies inside or outside Syria upon a suggestion offered by the university council.