When we decided to establish the university in Wadi Al Nadara Region, our main target was to found an ideal and creative kind of university, covering several important fields of knowledge.
To reach this end, we have researched many universal programs of High Education Institutions in many countries including France, USA & Germany.
The conviction was firmly and deeply rooted in the German program, which meets the goals set with great care and attention.
WIU has been formed by Wadi Company for Educational Establishments in cooperation with the University of Otto-Von-Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany, and with cooperation and coordination with the German-Syrian Society for Exchanging Sciences & Technology in Germany .
The basis of cooperation between Otto-Von-Guericke University, Magdeburg and WIU can be summarized as follows:
* Established according to the German standards.
* Studies are accredited by German Bodies.
* The quality management in research and teaching is based on German standards.
* Studies will be compatible with Bologna statement terms to assure that all grades and degrees are accepted in whole Europe without further equalization.
* Based on the principle of the unity of teaching and research.
* Support the regional development
* Multicultural education, based on tolerance, peace and humanity.
* Open for students of any country,
* Students and teachers have to respect the privacy of university members and in particular of the hosting country
* Professors have full autonomy in teaching and research.
* WIU constitution should be in line with the vision of the BoT, and in accordance with regulations & instructions issued by the Ministry Of Higher Education.